Meet the Doctors
Dr Yoon-Jai Choi BSc, DDS
I live and practice in: Surrey and Chilliwack
My training: University of Alberta Dental School
Why was I drawn to dentistry: While I was working as a science teacher, the Health Sciences Center in Winnipeg gave out my pager number as a dental emergency number to local dentists. I would get people calling me in the middle of the night due to dental pains and emergencies. I explained to them that I am not a dentist and they have the wrong number, and that they should tell their dentists they are giving out the wrong number. I called the hospital every time and asked them to stop giving out my number to local dentists. A year and a half of listening to people in dental pain and cries, I decided to become a dentist myself. So here I am!
My last trip: Harrison Hot Spring with my family and grandma.
The most exotic place I’ve travelled: Thailand for honeymoon.
My ultimate dream vacation: Tour Europe
My must see TV show: Startrek the Next Generation
My first job: Paper Boy
The gadget or gear I could not do without: iPhone
My favorite room at home: Kitchen, I love to cook and watch others enjoy it.
My closet has too many: My wife’s clothes
My fridge is always stocked with: Udon Noodle.
My guilty pleasure is: Coca Cola Classic
My favorite exercise/sports activity: Kendo
I ‘d want this item with me if stranded on a deserted island: My wife. But she’ll choose to stay with the kids.
My secret to relaxing and relieving tension: Playing with my kids (Three boys!!!)
A talent I wish I had: Play piano
My scariest moment: When my wife gives me the look and I don’t know why.
Credentials and Memberships
Dr Ellen Koo DMD
I live and practice in: Langley and Chilliwack
2. My training: University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, USA
3. Why was I drawn to Dentistry: My interests in both Science and Art led me into Dentistry.
4. My last trip: Hong Kong
5. The most exotic place I’ve travelled: Las Vegas!! ☺
6. My ultimate dream vacation: World Cruise Tour
7. My must see TV show: Umm…. Maybe, CTV news??
8. My first job: Teaching Assistant
9. The gadget or gear I could not do without: Car
10. My favorite room at home: My bedroom!
11. My closet has too many: I think I have just enough. Always wanting more! ☺
12. My fridge is always stocked with: Meats, Wine
13. My guilty pleasure is: 2-3 cups of Americano everyday!
14. My favorite exercise/sports activity: Squash. In-line skate
15. I’d want this item with me if stranded on a deserted island: Water, Lighter, Sunblock Cream ☺
16. My secret to relaxing and relieving tension: Watching Korean TV shows
17. A talent I wish I had: Speaking many languages naturally
18. My scariest moment: When I almost got into an accident because I fell asleep while driving.
Credentials and Memberships